- have minimum of 3 and a maximum of 63 characters;
- begin with a letter or a number and end with a letter or a number;
- use the English character set and may contain letters (i.e., a-z, A-Z),numbers (i.e. 0-9) and dashes (-) or a combination of these;
- neither begin with, nor end with a dash (-);
- not contain a dash in the third and fourth positions (e.g. www.ab- -cd.com);
- not include a space (e.g. www.ab cd.com);
- not include underscore (e.g www.ab_cd.com)
Most African ccTLDs require a minimum of 4 characters before they can be registered.
Some domains may require additional documtatation before they can be registered and it can take more than a week to be registered.